7:01 AM
0

FC Shakhtar Donetsk have recruited defender Ismaily from SC Braga for a reported fee of €4m.

The 23-year-old, who scored once in 12 league appearances for Braga following his transfer from Portuguese rivals SC Olhanense last summer, has committed to a five-year contract with the Ukrainian club.

A pacy left-back with a powerful shot, he moved to Portugal from his homeland of Brazil in 2009 to play for GD Estoril-Praia and represented Braga in the UEFA Champions League group stage this season, making four appearances as the Arsenalistas finished bottom of Group H.

"Normally I am a defender, but I like to go forward too," said Ismaily. "Of course, I love to take part in my team's attacking moves. I have already adapted well to European football so I believe that I will be able to find my stride at Shakhtar pretty soon.

"I heard a lot about Shakhtar in Brazil," he added. "They are regarded as an up-and-coming club. I also knew there were a lot of Brazilian players in the team, but when I arrived here I was astonished and amazed by what I saw. This is a fantastic club."

Shakhtar drew 2-2 with Borussia Dortmund in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League round of 16 tie. Ismaily will not be eligible to play for the Pitmen in Europe this season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment